This online fraction calculator will help you understand how to add, subtract, multiply or divide fractions, mixed numbers, whole numbers and decimals. The fraction calculator will compute the sums, differences, products or quotients of fractions.
The fraction calculator will generate a step-by-step explanation on how to obtain the results in the REDUCED FORM!
Also there are detailed guide with examples which help you understand how to add fractions, how to subtract fractions, how to multiply fractions, how to divide fractions.
- Some theory
Guide how to enter data into the fractions calculator
In fraction calculator you can enter whole numbers, decimals, fractions and mixed numbers.
To enter negative numbers, the minus sign is entered in the field for the whole numbers:
Additional features of the fraction calculator
- When you click the button
✖, you will clear the content of the fraction.
- You can navigate between the input fields of fractions by pressing the keys "left" and "right" on the keyboard.
Guide how to use the fraction calculator
To add, subtract, multiply or divide fractions, do following operations:
- input fractions, mixed numbers or whole numbers;
- "+" - for addition fractions,
- "-" - for subtraction fractions,
- "×" - for multiplication fractions,
- "÷" - for division fractions;
- press button ( "=" ).
Rules. Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions.
To divide fractions, it is necessary to multiply first fraction by reciprocal of second fraction.