Online calculator. Quadratic equation solver.
This online calculator will help you to solve quadratic equation.
Using this online calculator, you will receive a detailed step-by-step solution to your problem, which will help you understand the algorithm how to solve quadratic equation.
Quadratic equation solver
Guide how to enter data into the quadratic equation solver:
- enter your quadratic equation into the calculator;
- press the button to perform calculations.
Additional features of the quadratic equation solver
- - clear the input field.
- - delete one character.
- to move between calculator fields.
Rules. Quadratic equation.
Quadratic equationis a polynomial equation of the second degree. The general form is
a x2 + b x + c = 0,where
xrepresents a variable or an unknown, and
care constants with
a≠ 0. (If
a= 0, the equation is a linear equation.)
To solve a quadratic equation means to find all values xi, at which we have the equality
a xi2 + b xi + c = 0.
-b ± √b2 - 4 a c 2 a
About quadratic equation roots
Expression (∆ = b2 - 4 a c) is called the discriminant.
- If the discriminant is positive (∆ > 0), then there are two distinct roots, both of which are real numbers.
- If the discriminant is zero (∆ = 0), then there is exactly one distinct real root, sometimes called a double root (x1 =x2).
- If the discriminant is negative (∆ < 0), then there are no real roots.
Quadratic Formula with discriminant:
-b ± √∆ 2 a
Try online calculators. Solving of equations.Solving of quadratic equationsSolving of biquadratic equationsSolving systems of linear equations by substitutionGaussian elimination calculatorLinear equations calculator: Cramer's ruleLinear equations calculator: Inverse matrix methodShow all online calculators
Try to solve the exercises from the theme equations.Exercises. Quadratic equations.Exercises. Exponential equations.Exercises. The system of linear equations with 2 variables.Exercises. The system of linear equations with 3 variables.Exercises. The system of linear equations with 4 variables.Show all online exercises
Add the comment