Square Area Calculator
This free online calculator will help you to find the area of a square.
Using this online calculator, you will receive a detailed step-by-step solution to your problem, which will help you understand the algorithm how to find square area.
Calculation of Square Area
Select defined data:
a =Area in
Entering data into the square area calculator
To calculate the area of a square:
- Select defined values - side or diagonal of the square;
- enter the value of datas;
- select units of measurement - meter (m), centimeter (cm) or millimeter (mm);
- select in which units you want to get the area - square meters (m2), square centimeters (cm2) or square millimeters (mm2).
You can input only integer numbers or fractions in this online calculator. More in-depth information read at these rules.
If you have any difficulties with units conversion, you can use the length converter and area converter.
Theory. Square Area
Square is a regular quadrilateral. This means that it has four equal sides and four equal angles.
The formulas for calculating the area of a square
- Area of square is equal to square of its side length.
A = a2
- Area of square is equal to half of square of its diagonal length.
d2 1 2
a - length of the square side,
d - length of the square diagonal.
You can input only integer numbers, decimals or fractions in this online calculator (-2.4, 5/7, ...). More in-depth information read at these rules.
Try online calculators for calculation of geometrical figures areaTriangle Area Calculator (9 diferent ways)Online calculator. Triangle area. Heron's formulaQuadrilateral Area CalculatorSquare Area CalculatorRectangle Area CalculatorParallelogram Area CalculatorRhombus Area CalculatorTrapezium Area CalculatorCircle Area CalculatorEllipse Area CalculatorShow all online calculators
See also Square. Formulas, characterizations and properties of square Area Formulas for Geometric Figures. Length and width converter Area converter Perimeter calculators
Add the comment